Most of what’s written about identity theft services is hype. However, if you’re looking trying to choose a plan from among an increasing crowded marketplace, you need cold, hard facts.
In this comparison, we’ll look at LifeLock and one of its competitors, Debix.
LifeLock and Debix: How they’re similar
- LifeLock and Debix are Better Business Bureau accredited—LifeLock since May 19, 2005, with an A+ rating; Debix achieved accreditation January 27, 2010, and has an A- rating.
- In the past, LifeLock and Debix were able to contact credit bureaus to request they place fraud alerts for the services’ members. A recent legal interpretation has required that both services discontinue this service.
LifeLock and Debix: How they’re different
- LifeLock services are proactive; Debix offers credit monitoring.
- LifeLock takes steps to eliminate pre-approved credit card offers and junk mail identity thieves can steal from your mailbox. Debix doesn’t.
- LifeLock provides eRecon™, a service that monitors websites and chat rooms to be certain your information is never bought, sold or traded over the Internet. Debix doesn’t.
- LifeLock provides WalletLock™, a service to help you cancel and replace financial instruments like bankcards and credit cards, and official documents like your driver’s license if your wallet is ever lost or stolen. Debix doesn’t.
- LifeLock provides TrueAddress™, a service that monitors public records and address change submissions in case identity thieves attempt to divert your mail.
- LifeLock orders your free annual credit reports for you. Debix doesn’t.
- LifeLock Command Center™ monitors court records, payday loan providers and searches for any fragment of your personally identifying information used as another’s alias. Debix doesn’t.
- LifeLock Command Center monitors sex offender registries to be certain your information hasn’t been used as a subterfuge by a sex offender, and—to further safeguard your safety—LifeLock sends you the names and addresses of registered sex offenders in your vicinity.
- LifeLock Command Center monitors global networks for any personal information leaks from your personal computer and other computers than contains your information and use peer-to-peer file sharing. Debix doesn’t.
What they charge
- LifeLock charges $10 a month for adults. Use the LifeLock promotion code DEFENSE and pay only $9 a month for adults and receive 30 days free.
- LifeLock charges $2.50 a month for children and students. Use the LifeLock promotion code DEFENSE and pay only $$2.25 a month for children and students and receive 30 days free.
- Enroll in LifeLock Command Center and receive all LifeLock services for $15 a month. Use the LifeLock promotion code DEFENSE and receive a 10% discount AND 30 days free.
- Debix charges $9.95/month for adults and $2.50 a month for children.
Click here now to learn more about LifeLock’s extensive identity theft protection services. Enroll using the LifeLock promo code DEFENSE to receive discounts and 30 days of free services.