Maybe it was the most recent data breach news, or maybe it was a conversation with a co-worker who’s fighting to correct his credit record. Whatever the reason, now that you’ve decided to enroll in an identity theft protection service, you need some facts.
Two of the most comprehensive and highly-rated services are LifeLock and TrustedID. But you’re going to have to make a choice, so here’s a concise comparison of LifeLock and TrustedID.
LifeLock and TrustedID: How they’re similar
- LifeLock and TrustedID both request that the credit reporting companies send your credit report.
- LifeLock and TrustedID both request that your name be excluded from pre-approved credit card offers and general junk mail lists.
- LifeLock and TrustedID both scan the internet for indications your personal or financial information may be being bought, sold or traded.
- LifeLock and TrustedID both back up their services with a $1 million guarantee.
LifeLock and TrustedID: How they’re different
- LifeLock provides a service called WalletLock to assist customers cancel, restore or replace official documents if their wallets are lost or stolen. TrustedID doesn’t.
- LifeLock provides a service called TruEAddress that monitors the millions of address changes submitted to the US Postal Service to determine whether identity thieves have diverted your mail. TrustedID doesn’t.
- LifeLock provides identity theft protection for children under 16. TrustedID doesn’t.
- TrustedID provides credit monitoring on existing credit accounts to determine whether you’ve already become an identity theft victim. LifeLock doesn’t.
What they charge
- LifeLock charges $10 a month or $110 a year for their services.
- TrustedID charges $10 a month or $99 a year for their services. For an additional fee of $44.95 TrustedID assists with setting credit freezes; for an additional fee of $39.95 they’ll assist with temporarily unlocking a credit freeze.
The preferred provider
Though everybody’s needs are different, based on their additional and exclusive services, LifeLock was determined to be the preferred provider for identity theft protection services.
30 Days FREE & 10% Discount when you use the LifeLock Promotion Code DEFENSE. Click here to enroll now.